Sr Manager, Credit Risk
Credit Risk organization at T-Mobile is not your typical Financial Services Credit Risk team - it is the team that disrupts and innovates in Credit Risk strategies in support of the UNCARRIER mission!!!
We are looking for an individual with a superior blend of Business, Analytical/Statistics skills, advanced presentation skills, solid Credit Risk experience and People skills. You will work closely with the Credit Risk Management leadership team, T-Mobile for Business [TfB] organization, Corporate functional leaders and Product leaders to define overall Commercial Portfolio Credit Risk strategy by providing analytic insights and innovative problem-solving approaches.
You will also be hiring & leading a team of credit risk analysts with broad people management responsibilities focused on talent development and retention. You will be expected to be a hands-on leader and develop talent in your team through leadership-by-example and coaching.
You and your team will own and be responsible for developing Credit Risk Strategy for Commercial (TfB) Portfolio & New Financial Products. You will partner with other functional teams (Sales, Commercial, Marketing & Technology) in T-Mobile for deployment, tracking of the new Credit Risk strategies and providing read outs to leadership based on performance insights & analytics.
You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights from data using statistical/analytical concepts, and then be able to take it up a notch by clearly and concisely communicating actionable recommendations to leadership. You will be expected to represent Credit Risk Management team in the role of credit data, credit strategy and statistic methodology expert.
- Hiring & leading a growing team of Credit Risk Analysts, while building a strong culture around results and values with a focus on talent development and retention
- Develop a deep understanding of industry, corporate, and customer drivers to leverage in optimization of all aspects of our decision strategy and business processes across the credit lifecycle
- Perform a leading role on projects and initiatives, working closely with team and corporate stakeholders to understand key business issues and translate them into credit strategy and business solutions
- Develop Credit Risk strategies for new products to be launched including volume, revenue and loss forecasting.
- Lead and perform complex qualitative and/or quantitative analysis of credit policies to ensure financial and credit goals are achieved
- Identify opportunities to optimize and grow Commercial Credit Portfolio
- 8+ years of Quantitative Analytics experience
- 3+ year of experience managing teams of quantitative analysts
- Bachelor's in Finance, Economics, Mathematics. Statistics or related degree required. Master's Degree in Analytics, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degreeâ€
- Solid hands-on experience in SAS or other statistical/analytical programming languages
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in SQL, Python, R or other machine learning software a plus
- Superior skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Superior communication, organization, presentation and data visualization skills
- Superior time management skills and awareness of project management methods
- Strong financial service, credit risk experience
- Wireless / Telecom experience a plus
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top