Sr Manager, Communications - Thought Leadership
T-Mobile is the nationÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company, thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and breaking from tired industry norms. This company is changing wireless for good and preaching the word to let customers far and wide know that we wonÃ¢â,¬â¢t stop! We have a lot to say about whatÃ¢â,¬â¢s broken with this industry and where we see it going into the future -- and weÃ¢â,¬â¢re looking for a thought leadership guru who will help drive our efforts!
The Sr Manager, Thought Leadership, will sit in our Bellevue, Wash. HQ, and will develop a robust thought leadership program focused on identifying, creating and facilitating participation in strategic platforms for select senior leaders. This person will be highly collaborative Ã¢â,¬ working alongside a cadre of pros who already have high-functioning, kick ass tools and programs in place Ã¢â,¬ to create synergies and alignment among whatÃ¢â,¬â¢s existing. TheyÃ¢â,¬â¢ll also be super creative Ã¢â,¬ working with partners across the company and their team to find new ways to amplify leader voices and create narratives that set the right tone and direction. YouÃ¢â,¬â¢ll come to T-Mobile with background in developing and dreaming up c-suite level executive thought leadership programs that integrate all types of communications tactics, including speaking engagements, and having collaborated with pros who support things like media relations and social media. When you get here youÃ¢â,¬â¢ll be ready to build a comprehensive suite of tools that support leader-specific and broader corporate storylinesÃ¢â,¬Â¦ and execute on them to amplify the Un-Carrier vision.
Also, letÃ¢â,¬â¢s not forget that youÃ¢â,¬â¢re also a multi-talented badass and natural leader and collaborator with no ego, a hunger to learn and an unquenchable desire to beat up the competition while doing great, memorable, epicly awesome things.
- Build and develop a comprehensive thought leadership program
- Consult and collaborate with cross-section of senior and mid-level business leaders across the company
- Strategize opportunities, storylines, tools and tactics
- Develop narratives, in partnership with internal resources, that underscore company and leader storylines
- Assist in the execution of other PR, media and social activities as needed
- Direct team performance
- Partner with agency resources
- 8+ yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ experience managing thought leadership, executive communications or media strategy at a PR/marketing agency or in a fast-paced corporate comms/PR team.
- Experience working with cross-functional leaders including C-Suite
- Understanding of consumer technology and wireless technologies
- Understanding of the Un-carrier vision and the wireless industry Ã¢â,¬ past, current and future
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to partner across the company and with different teams
- Proficient using MS Office
- BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s degree is required
- Strong writing and editing skills Ã¢â,¬ attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Urgency and flexibility
- Calm under pressure and tight deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation; you have to be able to think on your feet and pivot on a dime.
- Manages and provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to bring out the very best in your team. Ensures productivity is maximized and quality is delivered.
- Ability to work independently but bring relevant and timely updates to the forefront at the right time.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias towards action; a self-starter who takes initiative rather than waiting for direction; general ass-kicker.
- Excellent follow-through skills Ã¢â,¬ you do what you say youÃ¢â,¬â¢ll do and dot the iÃ¢â,¬â¢s.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, upbeat attitude, high integrity, persistence and personal initiative all are required.
- Ready and willing to adapt to the possibility of uncertainty, new territory and change every day.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top