Sr Manager, Architecture - Infrastructure
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comReporting to the Senior Director of Infrastructure, this position is responsible for Technology transformation at T-Mobile. This role leads the team infrastructure architects responsible for identifying, evaluating and launching transformative technologies that progress T-Mobile's identity as Un-carrier. This position will collaborate with other areas of the Infrastructure organization and the broader Technology organization to effectively communicate how selected innovation will benefit the overall organization. Primary responsibilities include discovery of transformation technologies to help build and run an agile, scalable and optimal IT infrastructure to deliver operational efficiencies, drive workplace productivity, and meet dynamic business needs. This position plays a key role in the evangelizing of transformative technology within the Technology organizations by working directly with the heads of EIT, Engineering, and Operations. The Sr. Manager will innovate, challenge status quo, execute programs and drive business results.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelors Degree and Masters degree preferred, Business Administration / Computer Science
- Transformation program delivery experience
- Develop and deliver strategies and solution for enterprise infrastructure including servers, virtualization technologies, IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Lead and guide a team of highly team of technical architects large-scale cloud-centric solutions to meet key product roadmap and service availability goals.
- Management, development, and coaching: Leverages goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct reports. Understands and communicates the functional group's vision and creates alignment of their area to that vision. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity and talent pool planning.
- Keep abreast and stay on the bleeding edge of technology but only implement what will make people's jobs easier or keep T-Mobile ahead of the curve.
- Define the Transformation opportunity with capability to perform Requirements Elaboration, Solution architecture, Product / partner selection, Roadmap definition and Proof of Concept execution for the selected domain.
- Lead a team that is responsible for the Design, Build & Deliver Transformational Platforms and programs with ability to develop Implementation plan, High level solution design, Detailed design, development, test and Deployment of future state capabilities.
- Leads with solid management skills, motivating individuals to maximize levels of productivity while forming cohesive team environment.
- Exceptional communicator, focused on building strong customer/vendor relationships.
- Requires technical understanding in Infrastructure technologies and cloud native platforms.Minimum Required
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing and delivery of large-scale infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in owning, managing and delivering large transformation projects.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing personnel and coaching team members, with a proven record of progressive and/or diverse roles.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership experience in setting technology strategy, engineering, and operations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (compute, storage, platforms, etc.).
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Server Operating Systems (e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows, etc.).
- Virtualization Platforms
- Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Infrastructure provisioning and automation technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-service solutions
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top