Sr Manager, Applications Support
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis role will lead the Quality of Service team within AppOps Frontline Systems team. They will focus on environment management, automation, telemetry and will be responsible for the overall quality of service of what is being delivered into production. They will work closely with Development, DevOps, AppOps, Performance and QAT teams.Experience
- 3+ years working with automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, PCF, etc
- 3+ years working with DevOps models
- 5 + years management experience preferred.
- 5+ years QAT or Production support preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with budgets and cross functional or multiple departments. Interaction between functions and department.
- Coach outside your team.
- Ability to manage remotely (geographically diverse).
- 6+ years experience supporting production applications and managing trouble tickets.
- 4+ years experience coordinating development efforts with various stakeholders, including business analysts, project managers, development, customers, and vendors.
- 2+ years software quality assurance experience including ability to define, review and execute detailed test plans.
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Leverage Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker and Pivotal Cloud Foundry to fully automate the stand up of environments, the deployment of code and the testing.
- Own DIT, QAT and Production environments for the Frontline Systems.
- Build state of the art telemetry for a fast paced environment that will allow for CI/CT/CD with minimal risk to the customers.
- Ensure non-functional requirements are injected early on in the SDLC and delivered with quality.
- Work with Test Data Management and Service Virtualization teams to increase speed and agility of moving code through non production environments.
- Work cross-functionally with business teams to drive improvement strategies, execute tactics.
- Review, coordinate and manage work performed by the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors to align and manage expectations of service including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex issues and apply knowledge to situations.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills; inspire teamwork and responsibility with team members.
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Provide 24/7 support as required
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top