Sr Manager, Application Services
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSenior Manager, Application Services
This is a technical management position which leads the application services team driving requirements and standards supporting our business objectives and future technology launches. They will work with internal and external partners in developing new applications and services driving our unCarrier message. This position manages professional staff that are responsible for T-Mobile's application service evolution, requirements, industry standards, and strategy. They develop engineering objectives and operational plans for their functional areas and ensure engineering plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Advanced leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, and team focused.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to build consensus across teams.
- Application development and deployment management experience
- Mastery of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Working knowledge of managerial accounting and statistical analysis.
- Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Able to lead research and publication of technical papers.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong proficiency for organizational/team goal setting.
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- 7+ years technical management experience in a large corporate Application Development, IP, IT or Wireless Service provider networking environment.
- 7+ years of experience in budget forecasting and budget tracking.
- 7+ years of experience creating and presenting technical and financial business cases to senior management.
- 7+ years skilled at management of RFI/RFP process, capital acquisitions and contact negotiations.
- 7+ years effective organizational objectives/goal setting and achieving experience.
- Lead a team of Technical Project Managers who are responsible for partnering with the business in defining out requirements, track where industry is moving, and managing application impact, deployment & performance.
- Organization/Vendor Contacts: Manages external partners driving new potential features, implementation/deployment and monitoring. Obtains quotes and negotiates purchase for vendor supplied SW/HW and system Define network and service impacts between engineering, IT, and other business teams.
- Provide executive management business cases after engaging in business wide/industry trials defining out potential opportunities. features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Contributes to budget development and implementation, manages resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepares and presents business cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and allocate resources. Processes and tracks POs against quarterly/yearly forecast.
- System Design Development and Approval: Develop and Make final approval on application/network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Analyzes options and makes decisions to resolve complex issues.
- Development and Adherence to Engineering Best Practices: Ensures that Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features are properly approved and executed within GMR standards. Works with Region or Market to ensure best practices (RF, Operations, Network) are spread across the organization.
- Masters/Advanced Degree
- 10+ Years of experience in lieu of MS.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top