Sr Manager, Accounting
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Manager, Accounting
This is a key leadership position within the Accounting Operations team, reporting to the Director of Asset and Lease Accounting. This position will oversee the accounting for network assets and related expenses. Responsible for review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and Deutsche Telekom policies and procedures. Reviews designs for operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency. Deep understanding of the transactional flow through the various operational systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results. Solid understanding of ERP system, SAP preferred, including sub-modules. Ensure integration of new technologies within the accounting records, as well as, the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. Participates in quarterly reviews, annual audits and SOX control monitoring/testing. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Responsible for presenting results for area of ownership to upper management, external auditors and business partners.
This position will supervise manager and individual contributor Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems.
- Experience with insurance accounting, including full financial statement preparation and ownership of stand-alone financial audit.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience in partnering successfully with IT on delivering system solutions and enhancements.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education, Certification, Training, and/or Minimum Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting, with at least 4 years at a management level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA is highly preferred.
- Accounting and process leadership related to network asset accounting.
- Provide oversight of month-end close for timeliness, accuracy, and analysis. Ensure changes in business operations are accurately represented in the financial results, analysis, and communication.
- Ensure quarter-end review and year-end financial audit processes are effectively supported and any financial reporting issues are properly addressed in a timely manner.
- Use accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve issues in creative and effective ways and ensure that appropriate judgment is applied in developing accounting estimates and accruals related to area of responsibility.
- Communicate regularly with operational business partners to identify issues and areas for operational improvement, share knowledge about financial trends and upcoming changes.
- Provide leadership and set team vision in alignment with overall department and corporate objectives so that operational objectives are established and brought to a successful conclusion.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements and implement best practices.
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures that affect the team and accounting organization as a whole.
- Hire, coach, train and lead a high caliber and diverse team of professional accountants and accounting management.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top