Sr Engineers, Technical Support
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPosition summary
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineers, Technical Support located in Snoqualmie, WA will serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in multiple disciplines to second level (Tier 2) technical support and engineering teams, primarily focused on operation of T-Mobile's Packet Core network infrastructure. Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Resolve highly complex technical design or service issues that cannot be resolved through normal operations and maintenance procedures.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Vendor teams to validate new products and services and ensure trouble free network introduction.
- Perform root cause analysis for network issues and develop strategies to prevent recurrences and limit customer impact.
- Collaborate with T-Mobile Engineering, Product Development, and Vendor technical organizations when required to drive long-term product improvements.
- Coordinate resolution of network issues with vendors and internal support teams and provide timely updates for the national, regional, and market teams.
- Perform off-hours support of network change execution as needed.
Experience and education requirements:
- PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in electronic engineering, computer science or related, and 3 years of relevant work experience.
- ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in electronic engineering, computer science or related, and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Utilizing GSM/UMTS/LTE core network architecture and relying on 3GPP specifications to resolve interoperability issues with multiple vendors in a complex network with a large number of geographically distributed core nodes.
- Utilizing NetScout, Traffica, and either Iris or GeoProbe to perform low level investigations into call flows and key performance indicators to find root cause of network issues.
- Applying Advanced Troubleshooting techniques across multiple platforms from multiple vendors to resolve complex failure scenarios.
- Troubleshooting flows involving GSM/LTE network signaling protocols including GTP, Diameter, RADIUS, SIP, RANAP, NAS S1AP, S6A, and MAP to investigate issues in a network handling several million simultaneous data sessions.
- Applying knowledge of application protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, TCP, UDP, and SIP to investigate network issues.
- Coordinating multiple concurrent projects between multiple vendors to meet project delivery dates and performing issue escalation, negotiation of fix delivery dates, and management of the service level agreements.
- Location: Snoqualmie, WA
- Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
- This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
How to apply:
- Visit www.tmobile.jobs.
Create a candidate profile, and apply to requisition number 92443BR.T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top