Sr Engineers, Systems Design and Strategy
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPosition summary
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineers, Systems Design and Strategy located in Bellevue, Washington will serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for the engineering certification of various core network IP Multimedia subsystem and Services (IMS) platforms, including Unified Subscriber Platforms (USD), Mobile Soft Switch (MSS), Home Location Register (HLR), Home Subscriber Server (HSS), Intelligent Network, hardware (HW) and software (SW) of new technology features.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Validate design aspects of new Hardware and software releases for core network platforms including performing Telecommunication network planning, analysis, system design, Wireless network Integration and testing 3G-UMTS/WCDMA, Cloud and 4G-LTE networks.
- Responsible for the evaluation, lab testing, certification, and engineering conformance of 4G-LTE,
3G-UMTS/WCDMA and 2G-GSM core networking nodes through lab exit.
- Perform IMS End-to-End (E2E) certification and wireless switching, as well as the design, dimensioning and validation of Universal Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS) networks.
- Identify the impacts of solution introductions, and make recommendations on solution evolution.
- Plan, design, and deliver solutions that improve the customer network in terms of capacity, functionality, end-user services, and competence build up.
- Interact with third party suppliers and other service organizations and participate in product releases.
- Perform E2E design validation of HLR and HSS products of Nokia Siemens USD, perform UMTS certifications, perform IP Multimedia Services (IMS) platform certification and deliver accurate documentation and updates for successful lab certification and completion.
- Liaise with vendors and serve internal customers for new and sustained core network engineering features and technology/products testing and validation.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal customers, including the Field Service Center, billing, and provisional operations regions and markets.
- Provide practical training sessions for other engineers in TMO Innovation and network integration lab.
- Perform Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Single Radio Voice Call Continuity(SRVCC) with LTE with End-to-End (E2E) certification of 4th Generation (4G) and 5th Generation (5G) Core networks.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top