Sr Engineers, Systems Architecture
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineers, Systems Architecture located in Bellevue, WA will lead the design, rollout, and implementation of new Packet Core HW/SW system upgrades.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create new solutions, optimize Packet Core Networks, and interact cross-functionally with IP Design, Operations, QA, RAN, capacity, performance, and design teams and vendors in shaping deliverables.
- Formulate test instructions for certification.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Packet Core nodes, providing detailed designs that include call flow, capacity, and performance analysis.
- Present designs to other teams including management.
- Support QA team in the validation of new design, functionality, and SW upgrades.
- Continually enhance existing applications and processes.
- Troubleshoot Packet Core issues, collect interface traces using protocol analyzers, and lead Packet Core initiatives for network trials and proofs of concept.
- Support Tier 2 and resolve network problems by analyzing the different packets and protocols.
- Performing feature evaluation based on 3GPP specifications
- Utilizing Netscout, Vantage, Iris, and Wireshark to troubleshoot voice and data issues
- Performing system software and hardware upgrades for Packet Core nodes (Mobility Management Entity, GPRS Service Node, Packet Data Network Gateway, and Serving Gateway) to ensure network stability and reliability
- Designing and implementing Packet Core nodes/features in the network
- Leading Packet Core projects end-to-end (MME, SGSN, and PGW related)
Experience and education requirements:
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering, information technology, electronics and communications engineering, computer science, computer engineering or related, and 3 years of relevant work experience.
ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering,
information technology, electronics and communications engineering, computer science, computer engineering
or related, and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Location: Bellevue, WA
- Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
- This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
How to apply:
- Visit www.tmobile.jobs .
- Create a candidate profile, and apply to requisition number 113512BR .
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top