Sr Engineer, Systems Design (Endpoint/Desktop Configuration Mgmt.)
Sr Engineer, Systems Design (Endpoint/Desktop Configuration Mgmt--End User Compute)
The System Design EngineerÃ¢â,¬â¢s role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile EndPoint Windows Systems Desktop/POS/Laptop/MAC.
This position serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in multiple disciplines to second level (Tier 2 and 3) technical support and engineering teams.
- This position performs consultative support to National teams in the delivery of highly complex support for, platforms, systems, applications and services including group policy and Active directory or patching and drivers.
- This position uses professional concepts to carry out expert level diagnostic investigation of customer-impacting network issues and provides technical leadership/guidance and advice to other engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing complex computer systems.
- This position identifies technical development opportunities for other engineers, develops and implements solutions typically automated.
- This position analyzes, design, reliability and maintenance problems to the relevant T-Mobile and vendor organizations and provides design improvement recommendations to improve the customer experience or ease of operation long-term.
- The required support is performed over a wide array of platforms in the Network including, but not limited to windows-X SQL, custom applications and working with outside vendors.
- This position works with vendors as well as various teams on providing technical solutions for the system users.
- Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met.
- Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization.
- Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences.
- Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- U nderstands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Responsible for building effective working relationships, making innovative sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results.
- Resolves highly complex technical design or service issues that cannot be resolved through normal operations and maintenance procedures and provides leadership for root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limits impact to the customer.
- Assist with RPI/RFP/RFQ processes for new technologies and collaborate with T-Mobile peers, and Vendor technical organizations when required to drive long-term improvements.
- The Sr. engineer is required to engage in vendor management issues, coordinate updates for the team as well as other teams.
- Develops proactive initiatives geared towards exceeding network KPIs. Approves technical procedures written by other members within the team (Peer review).
- Devises and delivers solutions and supports documentation to other departments on new operation, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
- Leads Engineering and Vendor teams with the validation of new products following the SDLC process to ensure trouble free network introduction. This position will provide expert consultative support during major software upgrades as well as recommend settings.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead and deliver complex network designs. Deep understanding of the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations in different tools. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize platform. Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems used. Able to document systems designs, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that supports business goals.
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Highly experienced with large Microsoft Windows environments. (5+ years experience desired.)
- Wireless industry experience in operations for custom software preferred. (2+ years desired.)
- Expertise in the following areas desired:
- Modern Device Management with Jamf/Intune
- Understanding of Operations and Maintenance procedures and Advanced Troubleshooting techniques across multiple platforms.
- Windows systems as well as hardware and specific components within them including drivers.
- Powershell and Scripting
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Windows systems 10/7 and ways to modify behavior.
- SCCM and Enterprise Automation
- Solid level of Hardware components within the laptop/desktop space and the technology around it.
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding with most Windows commands/utilities.
- In-Depth knowledge of Windows Patching and Security
- Fluent in Reporting as well as building them.
- Ability to work on call in a rotation.
- Solid hands-on experience with Citrix applications.
- Knowledge of SQL database structures, SQL database query writing, data manipulation.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, HP tools, Remedy, monitoring tools and active directory.
- Applies expertise and experience on Windows Systems to achieve proactive Operations and Maintenance of the network.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customersÃ¢â,¬â¢ needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top