Sr Engineer, Systems Design
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Responsible for leading special projects delivering key technical and business insights to leadership team. Provides technical expertise on RF Planning, Capacity, Performance and Optimization, while collaborating with markets and National team.
Develops technical analysis and business insights to create broader understanding of Customer Experience. Develops/supports national standards, documents, processes, and practices. This is a technical expert position required to do in depth analysis, both fiscal and technical, design/testing of new features and technologies.
As a Senior Engineer, on the regional RF Design team, it is expected that this role will mentor and guide other engineers and will work to build a strong relationship within the team and other functional national and market teams.
- Develop and communicates RF coverage/capacity/performance strategies and initiatives
- Provide business/fiscal insights through technical expertise
- Develops and communicates regional standards, documents, processes, and practices that provide details on a variety of RF engineering topics that will be used by regions and markets
- Works closely with market, regional, and national Engineering teams to provide inputs on development of new features for RAN equipment provided by vendors. Ensures new releases and features are clearly communicated to engineering teams and appropriate training is provided to maximize value.
- Vendor Management: Organizes regular meeting with systems and tools vendors. Collects requirements from regional teams. Provides specifications for counters, performance features, KPIs, performance tools and reports contents to vendors, and discusses prioritization with systems engineering teams.
- Develops tools and dashboards, technical and business insights to support markets in meeting strategic and tactical business objectives
- Will act as a mentor for engineering staff. Will be expected to develop training materials and host training sessions
- At least 7 years of experience in telecommunications/wireless engineering related to RF design, performance, capacity, equipment planning or systems engineering is required at market, regional or national level.
- Strong Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Able to develop and articulate technical strategies
- Deep experience in applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI.
- Solid understanding of RF engineering concepts and principles, including antenna, line, and RF theory; propagation modeling, FCC/FAA regulations, ability to understand and reference 3GPP specifications and must show aptitude and desire to learn and advance in a changing technical field
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong project management skills are a must
- Microwave design experience highly desired
- Proficiency with MS Office (advanced MS- Excel skills)
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- 3 years of experience in Programming or Scripting languages like SQL, Python, Java Script
- Experience in developing tools and custom dashboards.
- Experience and proficiency with Business analysis tools, relational databases.
- Site Sync Pro (Pathloss is a suitable experience substitute)
- True Call
- Power BI
BSEE/BSCS with 7 years of wireless network design experience preferably with Nokia RAN equipment
Minimum Qualifications At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top