Sr Engineer, Systems Design
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSenior Engineer Regional E2E Performance will be responsible for network performance monitoring, analyzing, trouble-shooting and determining improvement and optimization plans for Radio Access and Core networks including LTE, VoLTE, IMS Core, USD Core, CS/Switching Core, PS/Packet Core, Messaging Core and GSM/UMTS-HSPA+ technologies.Minimum Required
- At least 4-5 years of Core Network Engineering (Design, O&M, Performance or Planning) experience - in Switching Core, PS/Packet Core, Messaging (SMS, VMS, MMS) or IMS Core.
- Experience in Core Network KPIs and Metrics such as Authentication, Location Update Success Rate, Call Set-up Success Rate, SRI/PRN , PDP Activation and Messaging/SMS Success Rates.
- Experience in troubleshooting RAN (Macro & Small Cells) & Core Network issues, and in using probe tools or other KPI reporting tools
- Very strong technical knowledge of LTE, VoLTE, UMTS & GSM technologies.
- Good understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory;
- Good understanding of End to end call flow signaling analysis, protocols, Signaling System #7 (SS7), Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) technology
- Very strong understanding in performance and optimization methods of wireless systems, LTE, UMTS & GSM.
- Background in Network statistics/KPIs collection, reporting and analysis, such as SQL, Excel Pivot Tables/Macros, Business Objects, Traffica or other stats database tools.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions
- 6+ years working in and around the Cellular Network industry designing, optimizing, and troubleshooting network issues
- UNIX, Oracle Database, Excel macros and SQL programming is a plus
- Solid understanding of MapInfo is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or an equivalent technical degree
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or an equivalent technical degree
- May require up to 20% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to the Bellevue Headquarters
- Provides technical support to markets and works with Tier I and II to resolve any performance issues.
- Works with the RAN engineers to conduct network performance analysis and coordinates with the markets to implement improvement actions.
- Performs analysis and support with pre-and post-performance analysis for network changes (re-homes, new core nodes, new technology, new features etc.).
- Monitors and reviews End to End Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), making sure that the correct counters and measurement settings are used. Assists in proposing new KPIs, measurements, and counters.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top