Sr Engineer, Systems Design
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer System Design
Job DescriptionT-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineer, Systems Design located in Bellevue, WA will drive performance improvements of the Radio access network (RAN) focusing on Ericsson and Nokia RAN solutions.Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience with strong background in engineering.
- 3+ years of excellent knowledge of Nokia or Ericsson RAN solutions
- 3+ years' experience with Previous experience with WCDMA, LTE and GSM access network performance.
- Comfortable with the 3GPP standards, especially with the 25, 32 and 36 series
- Strong communication and organizational skills, able to communicate within various areas and functional groups of the company.
- Experience with performance of Volte technology is preferred
- BS degree in electrical/Computer science discipline or equivalent years of experience (7+) required.
- MS degree in electrical/Computer science discipline or equivalent years of experience (3+) required.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Responsibilities Include:
- Provide strategies and tactical means to improve the performance of the radio access network, design the appropriate metrics and reports to ensure the best performance of the network, and work cross-functionally with the Design, Validation, and Regional and Market teams.
- Work with regional performance teams in establishing national performance indices and provide leadership and support regarding RAN optimization, parameter setting, and performance issues.
- Validate the performance of new radio equipment and tools including clearing the lab and first office application exit and providing deployment recommendations for the introduction of equipment in the field.
- Trial new features and parameters with evolution of new RAN software/technology to improve network performance.
- Work closely with various benchmarking tools including TEMS, ACTIX, Nokia Eden-Net SON, and Netscout Truecall to analyze and drive network enhancements.
- Provide support on data analytics for network and customer level experience, and help develop policies, procedures, and standards for consistent performance across the network.
- Lead technical trials and conduct brown bag sessions to large teams in national/market teams on technical readout on a regular basis.
- LI-TECH-AS1We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top