Sr Engineer, Systems Design
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe role is to validate technical solutions, to maintain, enhance, and evolve the Core network nodes of T-Mobile's Wireless Network. Specific tasks may include the troubleshooting, performance monitoring and optimization of IP Multimedia Services (IMS), Packet Core (EPC/SGSN) and Legacy Circuit Switched solutions. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Advanced understanding of SIP / DIAMETER / GTP / TCPIP and in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards including 3GPP, GSMA.
- Great multi-platform knowledge. Experience with Ericsson, Nokia and Cisco IMS/EPC/CS platforms is preferred.
- Working knowledge and experiences with databases (Oracle, Hadoop) is a plus.
Masters Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
The role is to validate technical solutions, to maintain, enhance, and evolve the Core network nodes of T-Mobile's Wireless Network. Specific tasks may include the troubleshooting, performance monitoring and optimization of IP Multimedia Services (IMS), Packet Core (EPC/SGSN) and Legacy Circuit Switched solutions. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the IMS Core Network, IP Messaging platforms, Packet Core Network and Circuit Switched Legacy Network, their interfaces using various protocols and technologies (such as GSM, UMTS, LTE, VoLTE, ViLTE, LAA and WiFi).
- Serve as a point of contact for the Core Network Engineering/Performance team for internal customers and liaise with cross-functional teams within Engineering, Product Development, and other stakeholders with focus on customer experience.
- Drive performance improvement and provide market guidance on key core network performance indicators. Coordinate national improvement efforts through trials on network parameters, timers, features, etc.
- Understands system protocols, data flows and how core network nodes operate (e.g. parameters, timers, etc). Aware of current technology benefits. Deep understanding of the core network building blocks, interactions, dependencies and tools required to deliver superior performance standards. Independent study of current technology is expected.
- Experienced in core Network training. Conduct regular workshops and knowledge sharing sessions with market engineers.
- Experience with core network performance tools (e.g. IRIS, nGenius, EEA).
- Experienced with handset/customer experience data mining (EDR, CDR, etc).
- Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of network performance troubleshooting and improvement techniques.
- Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry standards. Review existing processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload, more effectively through industry perspectives. Drives process automation. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions.
- Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes with clear documentation on multiple systems used. Able to document systems designs and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations.
- Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, and Operational teams for T-Mobile's Core Network Platforms.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top