Sr Engineer, Systems Design
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Responsible for Systems Engineering and Design of T-Mobile's Network. Perform capacity planning, equipment forecasting, monitoring & validating, engineering tool & process development and detailed capacity studies surrounding all aspects of the RAN portion of the South Region network. Support Lab and FOA validation of new services/platforms to ensure a successful roll out. This role is a technologist required to do in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies. The position requires strong analytical competency, as well as effective interpersonal skills to work with vendors and cross functional teams within the company.
- Understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. GSM, UMTS, LTE, 3GPP, etc
- Experience with Nokia/Ericsson RAN equipment
- Experience with Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Good problem solving skills, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- General proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency with MapInfo and SQL preferred
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- 3-4+ years Technical engineering experience
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- System Design: Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Feasibility Analysis: Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- SME Operational support: Support the Capacity Planning, Performance Management, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems.
- Support Network Validation: Support lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features. Support the feature verification in lab and FOA when design level support is required.
Roadmap/Vendor Management: Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
Bachelors Degree. Technical discipline
In lieu of a degree, relevant experience within the telecom industry
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top