Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture - Packet/IMS Core
Sr. Engineer, Systems Architecture - Packet/IMS Core
Ability to define technical requirements and work effectively with other organizations, users and vendors on developing, testing, implementing and supporting these requirements on existing / upcoming products.
Join Network Technology Today!
Provide end-to-end design support for network element deployment and overall service design from proof of concept through lab validation to production launch supporting QA & operations teams. Ability to present and defend the chosen design to partner teams and executive management.
Drive timeline and vendor roadmaps to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps.
Support major hardware and software upgrades working with vendor(s) as well as connecting peer nodes to ensure seamless operation as the network architecture evolves.
Provide support to Engineers in the team on project design, testing and deployment activities.
Review and update appropriate design documents.
Use skills to continually enhance existing applications and processes.
Evaluate new and existing technology options that support business goals.
Work with the Performance and Planning Teams on assessing the performance and capacity of the platform and recommend corrective actions to resolve any identified degradation.
Work with Capacity Planning team on the capacity forecast for the related nodes and plan necessary expansion or optimization to ensure uncompromised provisioning and network performance
- Good understanding of EPC network architecture, interfaces and dependencies between network components. Aware of current and new technology benefits and related 3GPP specs.
- Experience working in cross functional teams as a team member or team lead
- Experience evaluating responses from vendors and preparing summary report with recommendations to management
- Familiarity with cloud technologies or virtualization
- Hands-on experience with packet core nodes e.g. PGW, PCRF, P-CSCF and related interfaces.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual to go beyond routine duties
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to write and review design documents and communicate architecture, design strategies, standards, technical system specifications and business requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Technical Discipline.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top