Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture - Network Security Design
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer, Systems Architecture
The System Architecture Engineer's role is to develop and evolve technical network and service architectures and design strategies to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Technology portfolio. Specific tasks may include the creation, adaption, or revision of detailed schematics of network and service architecture, hardware and software selections, and implementation techniques and processes. May be required to perform, evaluate, or interpret network simulation, test results, or leading edge technology studies. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Influence and drive industry forums. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
The Sr System Architecture Engineer will lead multiple security projects that ranges from evaluation of a new security product, lab validation for both hardware and software solutions, to design and implementation of First Office Application (FOA). The Sr Engineer will also be responsible to implement the network security changes to the production network by following T-Mobile Network Change Management work flow.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
- 5+ years of system, network and/or application security experience with solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols. Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and security infrastructure (Firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, web proxies, and Virtual Private Networks).
- 5+ years with expert level knowledge of Security platforms including firewall (Check Point/Palo Alto/Juniper), Cisco ASAVPN, ISE/ACS, Active Directory and Symantec MFA/2FA technology.
- 5+ years of working knowledge of Load Balancer (A10 and F5), Web Proxy (McAfee) and IDS/IPS (Check Point, Nokia or McAfee)
- 5+ years of in depth knowledge in system, engineering and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Strong experience in design and implementation of certificate management system is highly desired.
- Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats, as well as security technologies and methods used to protect both corporate and customer facing network infrastructure.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco router and switching platform and Cisco IOS, NXOS, IOS-XR is desirable.
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure. Proactive in identifying and proposing new solutions.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated technical leadership, ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- B.S in Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications with 3 years of work experience
- Master's degree with 1 year of work experience is required or 10 years of equivalent experience.
License or Certification
Certifications such as CCNP, CCSP or SSCP and CISSP are desired.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. Essential Functions
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead and deliver complex network and service architecture, design strategies and standards. Deep understanding of the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Ability to translate complex technical issues in terms of business impact and business benefits. Specific task includes leading the preparation of RFI/RFQ for equipment procurement and leading the equipment/platform selection process.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate and base level engineers as needed. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network architecture. Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity. Lead testing of potential security solutions to validate features and functions, partnering with other organizations in the resolution of interoperability issues to obtain successful integration of security solutions across all platforms.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing architecture, design strategies, standards, and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions. Drives investigations, leading to new technology concepts that may solve business problems.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems and services used. Able to document systems architecture, design strategies, standards, business requirements and technical interpretation into Reference Architecture (RA) and Reference Design (RD). Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that may translate technical issues into business impact. Able to articulate the business drivers and to translate those requirements into a detailed network design.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions and integrate complex security solution in T-Mobile networks. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization around architecture, design strategies and standards. Drives lab and field trial activities in support of Proof of Concept. Conduct security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate issues. Develop policies and procedures for securing the system infrastructure and applications.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals. Evaluates technologies and proposes technology position for the company within own VP organization. Provide expert oversight in the development, testing and operation of firewalls, network load balancers, web gateways, intrusion detection/protection systems, virtual private network servers and other security appliances and software deployment tools.
- LI-TECH-AS1T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top