Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 60 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
- Developing and maintaining detailed designs for various network technologies in devices, ranging LTE Advanced radio features for spectrum efficiency and small cell technologies, Internet of Things, 5G, location technologies, device RF front ends.
- Responsible for defining performance and optimization guidelines for new technologies.
- Evaluation of technologies as well as bringing the technology to life vis a vis demos, proof of concepts, lab and field trials.
- Drive technology development, evaluation and end-to-end proofs of concept, define and document device requirements, define test strategy, support validation capability, and drive commercial launch
- Working with multiple OEMs and Chipset Vendors, and with T-Mobile Marketing and Validation teams, to enable launch of the new technologies on T-Mobile commercial devices
- Support capacity and performance modeling of gains for the new features and technologies, usage forecasting, developing predictive tools and supporting the financial analysis for deployment.
- Leading and managing all aspects of a project, including writing budget proposals and defining scope of work, managing staff allocation and assignment distribution, monitoring progress, ensure project priorities are met (including selecting subject matter experts best suited to complete the work).
- Document all work and, from time to time, prepare and present progress reports and conclusions to executive management.
The Device Technology Development Team within T-Mobile USA is responsible for designing new technologies into devices, conducting industry research and completing the evaluation of new technologies pertaining to the radio and core network to support our business objectives. The person filling this role will perform research and evaluation of new technologies, apply business case analysis, make recommendations to the business, develop new technologies in collaboration with device and network vendors, and drive and support launching new technologies in commercial devices. The role allows for the opportunity to define technical standards and guide technology decisions at T-Mobile USA. This role also provides technical leadership opportunities in terms of defining future technology needs by working cross functionally within T-Mobile USA and in collaboration with partner vendors.
- BS in Engineering. MS Highly desirable. MBA a plus.
Minimum of 7 years experience in the wireless industry, preferably device hardware or software engineeringWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top