Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
Lead the design, implementation and rollout of the new SW/HW in the production environment
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Packet Core nodes
- Provide detailed design on Packet Core nodes which includes call flow, capacity and performance analysis
- Work cross functional with IP, Capacity, Performance, QA and RAN teams
Excellent knowledge of Packet Core network
- Understands the end to end flow of the WCDMA and LTE
- Work experience in GGSN, SGSN, MME, S&P gateways
- Experience in evaluating answers from vendors and preparing summary
- Experience in working in cross functional teams
- Ability to perform duties off hours when required
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual to provide long term solutions
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Deep knowledge on the 3GPP standards
- Understanding various IoT use cases.
Ability to present design to other teams including managements
- Support QA team in the validation of new design, functionality, SW upgrades, etc
- Use skills to continually enhance existing applications and processes
- Troubleshoot Packet Core issues and collect interface traces using protocol analyzers
- Support Tier 2 and resolve network problems by analyzing the different packets and protocols.
- Willing to learn and experiment with new things with a strong passion in technology
- Be able to lead Packet Core initiatives for network trials and proof of concepts.
- Support various designs/onboarding of new IoT Use cases.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top