Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture - Compute Systems Designer
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer, Systems Design
The System Design Engineer's role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 5+ years technical engineering experience.
- 5+ years of Strong working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- 5+ years of Demonstrated knowledge of VMware technologies (vSphere, vROPs, Update Manager, VSAN, etc.)
- 5+ years of Strong knowledge of x86 compute hardware from HPE, Dell and/or Cisco.
- Understanding of system automation concepts and techniques.
- Experience working with configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux shell and scripting.
- Good knowledge of EMC (VMAX, VPLEX, XtremIO), NetApp and HPE (3PAR) storage technologies.
- Good knowledge knowledge of current and emerging private (e.g. vRealize Automation, Openstack) and public cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure) technologies.
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Able to convey information through presentations and clear technical writing.
- Able to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
- Knowledge of Cisco IP and Storage Area Network (SAN) equipment desired.
- Basic knowledge of IP networking (route and switch), load balancers, firewalls and DNS desired.
- Ability to code in common languages is desired.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
License or Certification
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- EMC Storage Administrator (EMCSA)
- Cisco CCNA
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
- Design scalable and adaptive cloud, compute and storage infrastructure solutions to support business needs and satisfy operational requirements.
- Create reference design documents to communicate solutions to be implemented by the deployment teams.
- Evaluate new technologies.
- Provide Tier 3 troubleshooting support where needed.
- Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service.
- Contributes to new and existing technology options that supports business goals.
- Provide guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices.
- LI-TECH-AS1T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top