Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer, Systems Architecture
Helps to drive the Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile's Network. Performs feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services for Small Cell Solutions team. Supports development and validation of these new services/platforms and ensures a successful rollout. May be involved in multiple projects and have responsibility for one or more of those projects. As a Senior Engineer, it is expected that this role will play a key technical leadership role, and be able to perform and depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies as well as mentor junior engineers.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership
- Advanced understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Advanced understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc. Thorough knowledge of DAS & Small Cell design and technology.
- Strong Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Able to articulate technical strategies
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong proficiency with MS Office
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- Support Technology Development and Trials to develop an in-depth understanding and successful rollout of coordinated heterogeneous RAN architecture and features, LTE-U/LAA and 5G.
- Roadmap/Vendor Management: Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements. Well understanding of Small Cell and DAS system functionality.
- System Design: Create network designs to achieve optimum fit and integration. Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Good knowledge of Indoor and Outdoor small cell solution application.
- Support Network Validation: Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features. Support the feature verification in lab and FOA when design level support is required. Depth understanding of Small Cell product with for validation.
- Feasibility Analysis: Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- SME Operational support: Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems.
- 5-7+ years Technical engineering experience
- 3-5+ years Technical Project Management is desirable
- Bachelor's Degree
- In lieu of a degree, experience within telecom industry may be considered.
- Master's Degree (desired)
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top