Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer, Systems Architecture
The Senior Engineer (SDS) will work within T-Mobile's Core Network Services team as a cross-functional and technical engineer that develops and documents system designs for Service Delivery & Identity Management eco-systems, and leads the implementation of those designs into T-Mobile's lab and production enterprise networks.
Must have good breadth as well as depth with hands-on experience in technologies and solutions that T-Mobile currently uses to provide content services to our customers including:
- Knowledge in Telecommunications, partner ecosystems, and associated enablers
- Knowledge with mobile identity and consent management preferred
- Experience with standard web representation, authentication and authorization
- Strong experience with web authentication protocols and associated security protocols
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of common LAN/WAN topologies
- Good multi-platform knowledge. Experience in UNIX, Windows, Linux, and IP intranet/Internet environments
- Strong background with relational and NoSQL databases, server hardware, storage arrays and virtualized environments preferred
- Current competencies with programming and scripting are expected
- Have the ability to act as the technical lead for large projects
- Must have excellent communications skills to engage various levels of individuals including senior leadership
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and be able to prioritize and manage their time effectively. They also must function within a team environment, possess business operational awareness and maintain an open mind toward changes in duties and environment
Designing, implementing, and integrating new Service Delivery-related projects into the T-Mobile network. Responsibilities include:
- Drive efforts to collect requirements for delivery ecosystems and service platforms with various business, design, development and operations teams
- Interpret acquired requirements and architecture in order to synthesize requirements and drive the development of appropriate designs for technology introductions
- Drive the RFI/RFP process and vendor evaluations, development of service platform standards, testing of vendor solutions in the lab, lead technical discussions, and make recommendations for key service technology initiatives
- Develop detailed design specifications and plans including: implementation, testing and back out procedures for service technology deployments, upgrades and modifications
- Identify opportunities within the on-boarding process and prepare transition documentation
- Coordinate and lead FOA and SOA activities for Service Brokering initiatives.
- Evaluate new and emerging platform technologies that will serve as business enablers or drive revenue leveraging existing enablers
- Manage suppliers and conduct vendor product comparison, analysis and recommendation
- Six or more years of experience, with the last 4 - 5 years in a role similar to that described
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Information Services, or Computer Science required. MS preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience in partner ecosystems including partner on-boarding, content delivery and subscription charging
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top