Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
The development of telecommunications systems has traditionally followed rigorous standards for stability, protocol adherence and quality. While this model worked well in the past and insured carrier grade quality, it inevitably led to reliance on proprietary vendor hardware and long product cycles. To support accelerated development cycles needed to build competitive advantages, T-Mobile is moving towards Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) running on top of our own OpenStack platform called Magentabox.
We are looking at adding a Senior Engineer to our team. The team currently is made up of multi-faceted Engineers and Developers that work in a Devops fashion that support the platform on a 24/7 basis. To be successful in this role we expect you to have a deep understanding of OpenStack, Compute and Storage systems as well as the underlying network. Our motto is that we write code that is running the system, rather than manually adjust and tweak individual servers and systems. This will require you to have a high level of automation skills using tools like Python and Ansible.
You will work independently or in a virtual team to articulate the business drivers and to translate those requirements into detailed designs. You will capture requirements and work on improving our architecture to increase functionality and reliability. Your goal is to develop and design automation for the entire lifecycle of our network components. This includes automating the design, the buildout and the operational aspects of our platform.
Some of the work we do include:
- Develop code to improve our OpenStack Platform.
- Work closely with other teams in onboarding them to the Magentabox and allow T-Mobile US to continue to grow at an unprecedented rate
- Improve Monitoring and Operations of the platform
- Develop new features on top of OpenStack
- Improve the operational aspects of the platform. Hold RCA reviews and define repair items
- Devops with on call responsibilities about 10 weeks per year
- Other duties as assigned by Business Management
- 5+ years technical engineering experience.
- Developing creative solutions for complex problems which requires creative thinking and a broad knowledge in many network and compute related topics
- Foundational knowledge of programming practices as well as experience working with multiple APIs are needed
- Automation background with experience in modern network architectures and automation tools including OpenStack, AWS, Ansible, Python
- Must be able to develop code
Desired technology experience:
- You will need expert knowledge in Python and Unix tools
- OpenStack, RedHat Linux and General Cloud experience
- You must have experience in directly being responsible for operating complex systems
- Experience in software quality assurance and testing
Minimum Qualifications Education
Minimum Required:Bachelor's Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
License or Certification:None
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top