Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer, Systems Architecture
Senior Engineer, Systems Architecture located in Bellevue, Washington will serve as one of the lead Subject Matter Experts of various IP Messaging Solutions that make up T-Mobile's Rich Communications Services infrastructure. The Senior Engineer shall actively work with cross-functional teams and would assist with feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services as well as create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes. This individual would be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Messaging Engineering teams and would help leading and mentoring junior members within the team.
- Advanced understanding of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards including 3GPP, GSMA, ITUT and ANSI.
- Experience with IP Multimedia Subsystem and Services (IMS) would be a plus.
- Great multi-platform knowledge. Experience in UNIX, Linux, and TCP/IP environments.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical specifications through documentation is a key requirement
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Demonstrated ability to flex between driving program, technical, and business needs.
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative team environment.
- Ability to act as the technical lead for large projects spanning multiple organizations
- Proven track record for the delivery of complex products or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to drive across organizational boundaries and manage new areas of responsibility.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with basic reporting tools such as Power Point, Access, Excel, MS Project or Business Objects. Hands on with MS Visio.
- Working knowledge and experiences with databases (Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop) is a plus.
- Prior operational experience at a Tier 1 wireless carrier strongly preferred
- Technical Leadership:
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the IMS Core Network, IP Messaging platforms and Messaging interfaces using various protocols and technologies (such as GSM, CDMA, WiFi and VoLTE)
- Serve as a point of contact for the IP Messaging Engineering team for internal customers and liaise with cross-functional teams within Engineering, Marketing Product Development, and other stakeholders to implement and certify new IP messaging products and services with focus on customer experience.
- Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, and Operational teams for T-Mobile's IP Messaging Engineering Platforms.
- Functional, Deployment, and Operational Design:
- Create functional network designs, MOPs, and standard operational processes to achieve optimum fit, integration, and operations efficiency.
- Create network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Roadmap/Vendor Management:
- Monitor relevant industry technologies and standards and document options and impacts via research and creation of technical papers.
- Identify the impacts and risks of solutions introduction, and make recommendations on solutions evolution.
- Drive vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
Master's degree in electrical and electronic engineering, computer science, telecommunications, or related and 3 years of relevant work experience.
ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in electrical and electronic engineering, computer science, telecommunications, or related and 5 years of relevant work experience.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top