Sr Engineer, System Perf & Plng
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Responsible for the Design and Planning of GSM/UMTS/LTE networks for T-Mobile USA. Will be a key member of the team that provides guidelines on design, planning, capacity management, and deployment of GSM, UMTS and LTE networks for the Field. Develops national or regional standards, documents, processes, and practices. Manages multiple national or regional projects. This is a key technical leadership position required to do in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies that may span national or regional geography. This position will also perform mentoring duties to Junior and Senior engineers.
- Mastery of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory.
- Experienced in the use of different RF Performance and Planning tools (experience with Asset tool will be preferred), ACP tools and AFP tools.
- Experience with GSM, UMTS and LTE technology.
- Mastery of both Ericsson and Nokia infrastructure and equipment.
- Expert in Technical Writing, Presentation, and Verbal communication
- Able to develop and articulate technical strategies
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong proficiency with MS Office and SQL. Expert Level MapInfo and skills.
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- 8-10+ years RF Engineering experience
- Technical project management
- Previous experience with FAA and FCC filing and requirements
- Proficiency with Excel macros and SQL programming a plus.
- 5-7+ years Technical Project Management
- Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum. Electrical Engineering or related disciplines.
- In lieu of degree, experience within telecom industry may be considered
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
Perform feasibility analysis of new features, Ericsson and Nokia hardware, coverage strategies, link budgets, and fiscal aspects of new RF designs
- Develops regional standards, documents, processes, and practices that provide details on a variety of RF engineering topics that will be used by regions and markets
- Works closely with regional or market teams on national/regional projects, new initiatives and overall support of planning, performance and optimization activities to ensure adherence to standards and alignment with overall strategy and to maximize efficiency within the organization
- Works closely with the regional and market Engineering teams to provide inputs on development of new features for RAN equipment provided by vendors. Ensures new releases and features are clearly communicated to engineering teams and appropriate training is provided to maximize value
- Drive consistency across multiple planning tools and ensure smooth handoffs between tools, as well as drive acceptance and communication of tools across regions and teams
- Provide technical leadership for GERAN/WCDMA and LTE network architecture and protocols
- Influence the acceptance of new design practices
- Develop and communicate point-to-point, and point-to-multipoint line of sight and non-line of site microwave paths including hardware schedules and financial analysis
- Acts as a mentor for junior RF Engineering staff. May be required to develop training materials and host training sessions
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top