Sr Engineer System Design - Packet Core QA
Sr Engineer, Systems Design - Packet Core QA
The System Design Engineer's role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems. The Senior Engineer shall serve as the central resource of subject matter expertise for the Engineering validation organization in all aspects network and device validation for LTE & Packet Core services. The Senior Engineer is responsible for defining validation strategies for new LTE Packet Core product introduction. The Senior Engineer shall lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver / deploy LTE Packet Core engineering platforms and services to market through organizing large scale technical analysis and architectural efforts spanning multiple departments.
Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, connectivity and validation plans. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
The holder of this position must have a very good understanding of technology evolution and will drive design and implementation of products according to the business requirements.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- . Own and drive high quality requirement specifications and support documentation for new LTE Packet Core services.
- Write R&D lab infrastructure Requirements Documents for new lab platforms and services.
- Provide recommendations for vendor selections through Proof of Concept testing.
- Own the product functionality and focus on solving platform and interoperability issues.
- Together with handsets architects define specifications for handsets/handset clients to support new services. Lead vendors/partners through handset application development projects in relation to new services.
- Define requirements for mediation and billing systems to support charging for new services.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Handset teams and other stakeholders to implement and certify new products and services with focus on customer experience.
- Carry out expert level diagnostic investigation for services and product issues with service impact.
- Collaborate with peer teams to generate a support / troubleshooting strategies to resolve issues in the shortest timeframe possible.
- Develop executive summaries of projects status.
- Identify constraints and unexpected roadblocks. Make an effort to find alternative methods for deliver.
- Strive to exceed customer expectations in all of our projects. Can successfully conduct customer impact assessments upon request.
- Provide feedback to the business owners for future development of the Product Roadmap.
- Is able to identify project decisions that may adversely impact the customer experience and escalate appropriately.
- Support product business owners in definition and management of product roadmap and business cases for new services as well as enhancement of existing services.
- Validate design aspects of new HW and SW releases for platforms.
- Responsible for the evaluation, lab testing, certification, and engineering conformance of the interworking nodes through lab exit.
- Identify the impacts and risks of solutions introduction, and make recommendations on solutions evolution.
- Plan, design and deliver solutions that improve the customer experience in terms of capacity, functionality, services, and end-user perception.
- Interact with third party suppliers and other service / product development organizations and participate in product / service releases.
- Perform design validation of LTE Packet Core MME, S/PGW, GGSN, DNS, AAA and PCRF, perform IP Multimedia Services (IMS) platform certification and deliver accurate documentation and updates for successful lab certification and completion.
- * Liaise with vendors and serve internal customers for new and sustained core network engineering features and technology/products testing and validation.
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Experience (1) LTE Packet Core - MME, PCRF, GGSN, S/PGW, DNS; AAA, ePDG and its interfaces. NB-IoT and 5G Packet Core is an advantage
- Experience (2) R&D Lab - System Engineering and validation, Performance Testing & Monitoring.
- Experience (3) Systems Engineering and Design of Telecommunication products.
- Experience (4) Strong Linux skills, scripting knowledge and Phython programming
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top