Sr. Engineer, SystDesign & Strategy (IP Messaging)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Senior Engineer, Systems Design & Strategy located in Bellevue, Washington will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the engineering design and certification of various IP Messaging Solutions as part of T-Mobile’s Rich Communications Services. The Senior Engineer shall participate and occasionally lead in activities with cross-functional teams and will contribute with feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services as well as create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes.
- Advanced understanding of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards including 3GPP, GSMA, ITUT and ANSI.
- Experience with IP Multimedia Subsystem and Services (IMS) would be a plus.
- Strong Unix experience together with TCP/IP networking knowledge and experience.
- Excellent Technical / Communication skills:
- Strong analysis skills are required along with an ability to create technical specifications and requirements and work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical specifications through documentation
- Ability to present advanced concepts to higher levels as well as peers.
- Prioritization / Multi-Tasking:
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Demonstrated ability to flex between driving program, technical, and business needs.
- Project Management:
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative team environment.
- Able to lead project teams via effective influence to achieve business objectives
- Proven track record for the delivery of complex products or programs.
- Good understanding of complexities of the business including key business drivers, CAPEX, OPEX and other levers of various financial models related to product/service success metrics.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with basic reporting tools such as Power Point, Access, Excel, MS Project or Business Objects. Hands on with MS Visio.
- Familiar with basic database concepts and basic software development skills
- Prior operational experience at a Tier 1 wireless carrier strongly preferred
- Roadmap/Vendor Management:
- Monitor relevant industry technologies and standards and document options and impacts via periodic research.
- Identify the impacts and risks of solutions introduction, and make recommendations on solutions evolution.
- Drive vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Functional, Deployment, and Operational Design:
- Create functional network designs, MOPs, and standard operational processes to achieve optimum fit, integration, and operations efficiency.
- Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- IP Messaging SME: Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the IMS Core Network, IP Messaging platforms and Messaging interfaces using various protocols and technologies (such as GSM, CDMA, WiFi and VoLTE) serve as one of the primary points of contact for internal and external teams. Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, and Operational teams for T-Mobile’s IP Messaging Engineering Platforms.
- Design Engineering Point of Contact: Serve as a point of contact for the IP Messaging Engineering team for internal customers and liaise with cross-functional teams within Engineering, Marketing Product Development, and other stakeholders to implement and certify new IP messaging products and services with focus on customer experience.
.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top