Sr Engineer, SystDesign & Strategy
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.This position will be responsible for engineering and design of T-Mobile network. Perform feasibility analysis of new and existing technologies, products, features and services. Create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes. In this key technical leadership role, employee will be expected to perform fiscal, technical and performance analysis for telecom network technologies.
- Advanced understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Advanced understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Advance computer software programing skills including knowledge of databases
- Advance understanding of core IP networks and applications
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- Able to articulate technical strategies
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- 3-5+ years Technical engineering experience
- CCNA or equivalent
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and cross organizational collaboration.
- Roadmap/Vendor Management: Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- System Design: Create network designs to achieve optimum fit and integration. Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Support Network Validation: Support feature verification, First office application and design level support.
- Feasibility Analysis: Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- SME Operational support: Support Performance Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Troubleshooting for T-Mobile Systems.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top