Sr Engineer, SystDesign & Strategy
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Responsible for leading special projects delivering key technical and business insights to leadership team. Provides technical expertise on Venue (DAS/CRAN/Small Cells) Solutions, acceptance and optimization, while collaborating with markets and Alternate Coverage Solutions team. Develops Microwave solutions and designs to deliver customer experiences efficiently and effectively. Develops/supports national standards, documents, processes, and practices. This is a technical expert position required to do in depth analysis, both fiscal and technical, design/testing of new features and technologies and mentoring junior engineers.
Deep experience in telecommunications/wireless engineering (RF, Microwave/transport) related to RF design, performance, capacity, equipment planning or systems engineering is required at market, regional or national level
Deep experience in applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
Deep understanding of GSM,UMTS, LTE air interface and IP protocols
Proficiency with Business analysis tools, SQL and other database scripting languages
Strong Technical Writing and presentation skills
Able to develop and articulate technical strategies
Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
Proficiency with MS Office
Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
5-7+ years Telecommunications network planning experience
BS/MS in EERequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Develop coverage/capacity/performance strategies and initiatives, provide business/fiscal insights through technical expertise.
- Develops regional standards, documents, processes, and practices that provide details on a variety of RF engineering topics that will be used by regions and markets
Works closely with regional or market teams on national/regional projects, new initiatives and overall support of planning, performance and optimization activities to ensure adherence to standards and alignment with overall strategy and to maximize efficiency within the organization.
- Works closely with the regional and market Engineering teams to provide inputs on development of new features for RAN equipment provided by vendors. Ensures new releases and features are clearly communicated to engineering teams and appropriate training is provided to maximize value.
- Develop and communicate point-to-point, and point-to-multipoint line of sight and non-line of site microwave paths including hardware schedules and financial analysis. Influence the acceptance of new design/performance practices.
- Vendor Management: Organizes regular meeting with systems and tools vendors. Collects requirements from regional teams. Provides specifications for counters, performance features, KPIs, performance tools and reports contents to vendors, and discusses prioritization with systems engineering teams.
- Provide technical expertise in Venue Design and optimization, DAS/Small Cells/ CRAN based solutions, technical liaison between market and national team, develop alternate coverage solutions and document/share best practices.
- Acts as a mentor for engineering staff. May be required to develop training materials and host training sessions.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top