Sr Engineer, Software (Multiple Locations)
Senior Software Engineer
The TEQ Release Engineering Team creates an industrial-strength release engineering service suitable for use at all stages of the digital transformation journey. Building platform & capabilities to enable automation in release with increasing transparency in quality & compliance and enforcement through automated gates.
The Software Engineer designs and develops internal and external business systems and applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting or business intelligence systems as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. They build software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases
- Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view.
- Automation First that enables E2E traceability & transparency
- Drive building self-service, data driven, and decentralized decision making
- Deep understanding of the customer pain points and needs around Delivery. Customer Focused and Value based development.
Technology & System
- Hands-on coding/build/automation/setup/transformation for relese engineering platforms
- Automation and Self-Service Mindset.
- Build APIs, open source plug-ins and self-service tools to invoke and integrate capabilities, platforms, solutions to empower CI/CD and DevOps resulting in increased time to value.
- Identify and automate all repeatable manual task
- Identify recurring problems and build automation solutions to auto-identify & remediate them
- Run Manual Test or Process/Procedures our customers perform to understand the pain and how to drive automation and building frameworks/tools/capabilities to support the enterprise
- Automate end to end release lifecycle through industrial strength capabilities
- Automate manual activities and bring efficiencies into Release Management Process
- Manage and provide design/code reviews for your vendor engineering resources code reviews, standards enforcement, quality & SLA management.
- Monitor and manage the reports/SLAs of dev work and documentation is maintained
- Understand your customer's pain points, challenges, requirements and provide an open feedback loop for continuous improvement. Build a partnering relationship with your customers. Know your customers, their architecture, their code, their pains, and how to best support them to optimize delivery & quality
- Understand latest technologies, continuously improve, optimize processes, automation, etc
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 5 years' Application Development Experience.
- Experience and expertise in the technology stack, code, and processes for their domain/capability/platform area SDLC tools, Environment, Release, Delivery Pipeline, Assets, Security, Functional Testing, Automation, SV, Performance, Data Services, etc.
- Unique and specialized skills for each team/capability/platform area.
- Minimum of 5 years' work experience as a Software Engineer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead Software Engineer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 Software Engineers.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff
- Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top