Sr Engineer, Software (Hadoop)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer, Hadoop Software Developer
Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do?-you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules.
As a Hadoop software developer, you work in small teams to tackle problems as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of the team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions. We operate in a fast-paced environment using a devops model. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Complete proofs of concept projects for introduction of changes to systems architecture, and provide technical leadership to peer team members.
- Minimum 3 years development experience on Hadoop platform including Storm, Kafka, PIG, Hive, Sqoop, Hbase, Phoenix and related tools.
- Minimum 5 Years Application Development Experience using J2EE including MVC Framework, Spring knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications on RDBMS
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in using Apache Solr.
- Experience in Kibana or similar framework.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on Linux operating system or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or the foreign equivalent and 5 years of
progressively responsible post-baccalaureate relevant work experience.
- In the alternative, we will accept a master's degree in Computer Science or related field or the
foreign equivalent and 3 years of relevant work experience.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top