Sr Engineer, Software Engineering
Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do?-you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules. Join Network Technology today!
T-Mobile's software developers develop a wide variety of technologies that change how millions of users connect and interact with one another. We're looking for ideas from diverse areas including third party billing, authentication and access, services, security, user interface, data persistence and analytics, tools and automation, etc.
As a software developer, you work in small teams to tackle problems as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of the team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions. We operate in a fast-paced environment using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
- Lead complex projects and mentor and provide guidance to team members at a Software Developer level.
- Design and build services using Java and the Spring Framework.
- Design and develop internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business functionality.
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Design and develop applications using Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD).
- Utilize development skills to build (code) new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and automated unit tests.
- Utilize experience in conducting performance (load) testing in order to analyze load test results.
- Develop telecommunications applications, with real-time and batch transaction processing.
- Perform Code Reviews for all code written by the other developers, review code for team and industry standards compliance, and provide feedback to developers.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, and communicate design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or the foreign equivalent and 5 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate relevant work experience.
- In the alternative, we will accept a master's degree in Computer Science or related field or the foreign equivalent and 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing and developing using Java Enterprise (J2EE) is required.
- Experience designing and developing applications using Spring Model View Controller (MVC), Spring Boot is plus.
- Experience configuring and using Weblogic Web Services using JAX-RPC and JAXP is required.
- Experience with CI/CD technologies is required
- Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, RESTful/SOAP web services, Unix/Linux, database technologies
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top