Sr Engineer, Software ( Automation)
The System Software EngineerÃ¢â,¬â¢s role is to design and build automation solutions and subsequently, validate and deploy the solutions to help with validation and testing for T-Mobile Engineering Network and Systems. Specific tasks will include ensuring that the delivered automation design and programming/ scripting components provide the necessary automation functionality and perform in accordance to the overall engineering requirements and to the business expectation. The Senior Engineer, Software shall lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver / deploy automation of engineering platforms and services and organizing large scale technical analysis and architectural efforts spanning multiple departments. Responsible for End to End automation for validation of test cases in Quality assurance teams, in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or engineering challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Design, write and deliver software code in Python, Java to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of automation.
- Technical Engineering Services: Work cross-functionally with Engineering QA, Handset QA teams, System design and other stakeholders to ideate and implement automation strategies to certify new products and services with focus on quality and time to market. Develop executive summaries of projects status and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs and implement new ideas which improve existing and new automation for a system/process/service. Provides technical review of existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to build automation solutions more effectively using industry standard software development tools.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver automation solutions. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology automation options that supports engineering quality assurance goals.
- Supplemental Functions: Automation of End to End validation of regression testing across different Engineering Quality assurance teams including Next generation core, Radio access networks, Transport and IP and Data and real-time services. Validate SOAP API and interfaces using commonly available tools and capture logs as necessary to analyze the content. Responsible for building automation scripting code solutions for, lab testing, certification, and engineering conformance of the interworking nodes. Build Dashboard UIs for system reporting. Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale automation systems. Support product business owners in definition and management of automation roadmap and business cases for new services as well as enhancement of existing services provided by automation.
- 5+ Years as a Programmer and/ or developer and have strong programming and coding skillset. 3 years hands on experience in wireless/telecom is desirable
- Has experience working with reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau
- Highly competent in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, C#,
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies (Angular JS, D3, Bootstrap)
- Hands-on coding experience developing and designing software and/or responsive web-based solutions (adaptive design)
- Solid understanding of software development frameworks, architecture concepts and terminology
- Well versed in SDLC / Devops tools such as Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Git, SVN etc.
- Well-versed working in automation environments with continuous integration and development (CI/CD) methodologies
- Well versed with database concepts(RDBMS) and directory access protocols(LDAP)
Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or related field or an equivalent with strong programming and software development and architecture skills
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top