Sr Engineer, Software
T-Mobile's Product and Technology team is looking for a dynamic and driven individual to help solve for a wide array of problems for our business partners. This role as a Senior Engineer, Software located in Atlanta, Georgia will be a critical point of contact and will act as the development and technical expert on large and/or complex projects, contributing to strategic vision and technical decisions, establishing and documenting best practices and coding standards, introducing and facilitating process improvements, and completing proof of concept projects for introduction of changes to systems architecture.
The right candidate should be passionate about identifying what end-users truly want and need, possess the creativity to turn those requests into new product or services ideas and are highly organized to deliver what needs to be done to turn the ideas into working enterprise software solutions.
- Facilitate and/or actively participate in reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications to provide a cohesive design strategy to deliver large-scale projects.
- Work within a SCRUM team of 4 developers and 4 development testers to deliver complex projects with high quality within scheduled timelines.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality, with deliverables to include code builds, documented unit test results, and production support tools and documentation.
- Collaborate and partner with other teams within T-Mobile, including Engineering, Business, User Experience Design, Systems Analysis, Systems and Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Delivery, Project Management, and Application Support to successfully deliver projects and systems enhancements.
- Contribute and work to meet project schedules by breaking project work into specific individual development tasks, provide estimates for the team at the project and task level, provide updates on progress and issues to development and project management, and escalate critical or block issues to management.
- Demonstrate and implement innovative ideas and deliverables driven by a development workgroup
- Perform software design and development of multi-tiered cloud-native web applications for large scale telecom provider, including client-side display logic as well as backend services and API's
- Build and modify enterprise-critical internal systems by consuming and testing Middleware Integration technologies including REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, and microservices to retrieve and update customer impacting data
- Reinvent and automate the build and deployment capability of new product functionality for critical systems supporting business launches by utilizing build tools and scripts based on Maven, Gradle, git, and Jenkins.
- Create and interpret telemetry and metrics to support Enterprise applications running in production
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical specifications using verbal and written communication skills
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in Computer Science, or related, and 3 years of relevant work experience
ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related, and 5 years of relevant work experience.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top