Sr Engineer, Software
- Bellevue, WA
Sr Engineer, Software
Designs and develops internal and external API's, as required to deliver new capabilities or experiences supporting corporate business objectives. The Sr Engineer Software acts as the development and technical lead on moderately complex projects, contributes to strategic vision, technical decisions, participating in process improvements, completing proof of concept projects for introduction of changes to our architecture, and providing peer oversight on the work of other Software Engineers.
- Owns the development of one or many capabilities(s).
- Utilizes Planning and Leadership skills to oversee development deliverable as required to implement new systems capabilities.
- Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality.
Technology and System
- Designs and develops domain capabilities to support complex business objectives. Leads moderately complex projects.
- Utilizes development skills to build software and unit test new API's per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases.
- Ensures Continuous Integration and Build is in place.
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Translates business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
- Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Identifies and creates/updates support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and drive, monitor and takes part in Peer Review to allow acceptance of system changes into production.
- Directs build and unit test production deployment packages.
- Facilitates/leads reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilizes product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provides on-call and after-hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules
Relationship and People Management:
- Performs peer reviews.
- Collaborates with architects and other Software Engineers on design.
- Collaborate with other Business and Technology partner teams on successful delivery of product enhancements and support. Employs a hands-on approach to lead the Development team, both by coding themselves and coaching and mentoring team members.
- In-depth knowledge of core library development for a widely used programming language.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and performance analysis.
- 5+ years of experience with IAAS providers (AWS etc.) including setup and configuration
- 5+ years of experience in application development for Cloud platforms using technologies like Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Micro Services, REST and others
- Experienced in building and launching Apigee API's.
- Solid understanding of API lifecycle management.
- Knowable in common Internet technologies and protocols viz. HTTP(s), SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, XML etc.
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- APIGEE & PCF certifications are a plus.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top