Sr Engineer, Radio Frequency - ACS
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAlternative Coverage Solutions Sr RF Engineer
The Alternative Coverage Solutions (ACS) Senior RF Engineer will be responsible for overall system design and planning for indoor DAS and Small Cell projects in strategic venues across T-Mobile's licensed coverage area. The ACS Senior RF Engineer will develop coverage and capacity solutions to deliver superior customer experiences for a variety of locations such as sports venues, shopping malls, hospitality and convention centers, hospitals, universities, office spaces, and transit systems. Solutions will include location assessment, requirements gathering, RF design, technology selection, implementation, integration, and optimization. The ACS Senior RF Engineer will interface with national and regional engineering teams, field operations, third party DAS providers, development teams, and venue owners. This position leads projects and initiatives, and will also perform mentoring duties to other ACS Associate RF Engineers and ACS RF Engineers, if applicable.Qualifications
- 8+ years of wireless telecommunications and RF engineering design and deployment experience, ideally with UMTS and LTE technologies
- 3+ years of DAS or Small Cell Systems design, integration, and optimization experience
- Solid understanding of (through coursework and/or experience) current wireless technologies, e.g. UMTS and LTE, including link budgets, relevant switch parameters, time delay considerations, and KPIs
- Understanding of RF propagation and tools. At least 4 years of experience performing desktop designs, preferably for indoor networks and 2 years of experience using iBwave propagation tool
- Ability to compare different products' technical specifications and determine most cost effective solution for the location
- 2+ years previous experience training and mentoring others.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to investigate and solve complex problems and implement related work improvements with cross functional team members.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize assigned tasks in order to meet deadlines while also highlighting risks and implementing contingency plans.
- Ability to learn new technologies and hardware quickly
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Ability to use basic office applications: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook/Email
- Experience working on solutions in high density environments such as Stadiums and Arenas
- Knowledge and experience with DAS vendors, e.g. CommScope, TE Connectivity, Corning Mobile Access, SOLiD, TEKO
- Knowledge and experience with data collection tools, e.g. TEMs Investigation
- Knowledge and experience with Small Cell vendors, e.g. Ericsson, Nokia, SpiderCloud, ip.access
- Experience working with major third party DAS providers, e.g. American Tower, Crown Castle, Mobilitie, ExteNet
- Experience developing training materials for RF Engineers
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelors Preferred
License or Certification
Professional Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
This position will require travel approximately 20% of the time for site walks, bid walks and various meetings.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates Responsibilities
- Develop end to end DAS and Small Cell Solutions
- Perform site surveys to evaluate location and identify requirements for system design, including RF data collection
- Model indoor propagation and capacity to determine antenna placement and equipment needs
- Apply link budget analysis, macro design, design standards, traffic analysis
- Understand and apply requirements for multiple operator systems
- Develop system equipment and materials list
- Review and approve final RF design construction documents
- Assist with system deployment and commissioning as necessary
- Document system installation and update internal database
- Collect data for post deployment acceptance testing to ensure requirements are met and the system integrates with the macro network
- Leads efforts to establish design standards in conjunction with national and regional engineering and development teams and ensure standards are implemented on a site-by-site basis.
- Develop deal or contract requirements with landlords and third party providers in conjunction with national and regional engineering and development teams.
- Mentor engineering and technical staff, as well as develop and deliver training materials.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top