Sr Engineer, Network Security (WA or TX)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Engineer, Network Security
This position can be based in Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA.
The System Design Engineer's role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve Network and Systems. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent focus and inspirational leadership.
Minimum Required Minimum Required
- Advanced understanding of Network Security devices such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, etc.
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Ability to work an on-call rotation.
- TACAS, ACS, or ISE strongly preferred
- Solid understanding & experience of a majority of the following platforms:
- A10 load balancers & NAT
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Crossbeam Firewalls
- F5 load balancers
- Cisco ASA IPSec and AnyConnect VPN
- Cisco ACS AAA
- Secure64 DNS
- Infoblox DNS
- In-depth understanding of T-Mobile network architecture
- Scripting experience
Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of degree, equivalent industry experience may be considered.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead and deliver complex network designs. Deep understanding of the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate and base level engineers as needed. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network. Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Network Security support: Works with Network Security devices such as Load Balancers (A10, F5), Firewalls (Checkpoint, Crossbeams, etc.), and ACS, TACACS, ISE.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems used. Able to document systems designs, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization.
- Supplemental Functions:
o Strategic end to end dimensioning, planning and performance of the network
o Development of optimization features and processes
o Provides capacity plans and performance reports
o Provides regular performance reports for nodes, interfaces, and services across
o Supports performance related lab and FOA activities
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top