Sr Engineer, Enterprise IP & Security - Sustainment (TX or WA)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Engineer, Enterprise IP & Security – Sustainment
- *This position can be based in Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA.
Responsible for Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile’s Network. Perform feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services. Support Lab and FOA validation of these new services/platforms and ensuring a successful rollout. This role is a technologist required to do in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and collaborate with Engineering on the design of new features and technologies.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
- Advanced understanding of IP solutions applicable to the Wireless Network Architecture.
- Hands on experience with Cisco routers/switches and/or Alcatel-Lucent 7705/7750 SROS devices running protocols such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS, OSI Model, Layer 2 Technologies.
- Strong Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong proficiency with MS Office
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- 5-7+ years Technical Engineering experience (e.g. IP support, design and/or implementation)
- Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to participate in Deployment of Solutions during Maintenance Windows, which requires working a combination of Day and Night. For this, the ability to balance working hours independently is required.
- 3-5+ years Technical Project Management
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify network issues
- 2-3+ years Technical Project Management
- Scripting tools (Perl/Shell/HTML/PHP).
- Understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc
- Bachelors Degree.
- In lieu of a degree, experience within the telecom industry may be considered
License or Certification
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP or CCSP, CCIE preferred, but not required.
Internal contacts are typically with others at the same level. Will be helping to drive the development and adoption of Engineering System strategy & design. Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods.
- System Design: Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Support Network Validation: Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features. Support the feature verification in lab and FOA when design level support is required.
- Feasibility Analysis: Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- SME Operational support: Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems. Roadmap/Vendor Management: Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Be able to participate in Deployment of Solutions during Maintenance Windows which requires the candidate to be willing to work a combination of Day and Night. For this, the candidate is to be able to balance working hours independently.
- Be able to drive projects to completion and perform project management duties such as coordination, communication and solve conflicting activities.
- Improve process efficiency by creating and implementing creative and sustainable changes to existing deployment methodology.
- Understand and master new technologies and be able to transfer this knowledge to other engineers and teams through coaching sessions.
- Participate in IP troubleshooting and correctly generate post-mortem analysis of encountered issues.
- Limited travel may be necessary.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top