Sr Engineer, Enterprise IP & Security - Performance
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
Sr Engineer, Enterprise IP & Security – Performance
Responsible for Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile’s Network. Perform feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services. Support Lab and FOA validation of these new services/platforms and ensuring a successful rollout. This role is a technologist required to do in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Advanced understanding of IP solutions applicable to the Wireless Network Architecture.
- Hands on experience with big data analytics for operational KPI metrics and issue identification, and/or experience in operational KPI alerting and alarming.
- Strong Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong proficiency with MS Office
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- 5-7+ years Technical Engineering experience (e.g. big data, analytics, IP support, design and/or implementation)
- Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to participate in Deployment of Solutions during Maintenance Windows, which requires working a combination of Day and Night. For this, the ability to balance working hours independently is required.
- Strong background in data modelling & analytics
- Experience with HPNA strongly desired
- Network automation background desired
- Scripting tools (Perl/Shell/HTML/PHP) desired
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify network issues
- 2-3+ years Technical Project Management
- Understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc
- Hands on experience with Cisco NCS6000, ASR9900/9000, n7000, n3000, 4900; Checkpoint, DNS, A10, F5 a plus
- Strong understanding of ITIL principles
- Ideal candidate will have initiative, be motivated by problem solving, and enjoy collaborative projects
- Bachelors Degree.
- In lieu of a degree, experience within the telecom industry may be considered
License or Certification
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP or CCSP, CCIE preferred, but not required.
Internal contacts are typically with others at the same level. Will be helping to drive the development and adoption of Engineering System strategy & design. Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods.
- Drive capacity/diversity planning activities for the Infrastructure Engineering & Operations team
- Identify and automate repetitive tasks to improve efficiencies
- System Design: Create network designs to achieve optimum fit and integration. Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Support Network Validation: Create and implement changes on the network. Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features. Support the feature verification in lab and FOA when design level support is required. Sign-off on exceptions and approve designs.
- Management of Technical Evolution and Roadmap: Lead and manage the internal company policy/process evolutions, technical evolutions, and Roadmap. Manage the short, medium and longer-term technology evolution plans.
- Technical Leadership: Top tier support escalation as needed and mentoring for other Tier 2 engineers. Monitor and influence relevant industry technologies and standards. Document options and impacts via research and creation of technical papers. Coach and develop T-Mobile leadership and cross-functional teams on technology decisions. Create and deliver technical training. Define, collaborate, validate, deploy, document new network architectures in sustainable manner Demonstrated capability to write technical materials to audience. As these are complex issues, strong analysis skills are required along with an ability to develop methods and evaluation criteria.
- Limited travel may be necessary.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top