Sr Engineer, Ent Information Security
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.JOB SUMMARY
Today’s Cyber Security Engineer (CSE) provides a secure design consultation and review for all projects and products within the company. The CSE is both a trusted advisor and advocate for protecting T-Mobile assets. This is done through an active security policy, a simple engagement model, and people empowered to make a difference. Are you ready to join the Uncarrier as we redefine the rules of wireless?
- 7+ years of IT infrastructure proficiency and experience that could include one or more years of experience in: Encryption, Tokenization, Forensics/eDiscovery, Penetration Testing, Firewalls (static, WAF), Proxies, Gateways, Routers, VPN, Application Security SAST/DAST, cloud (XaaS), database, big data, telecom, mobile network, etc.
- 5+ years information security experience preferred
- Proven ability to assess, influence, recommend, deploy and integrate Information Security solutions
- Foundational understanding of several enterprise environment technologies, security domains, or telecommunications infrastructure and architecture
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory requirements around information security and privacy, including PCI, SOX, CPNI, etc
- CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, CIPP, and a computer science background preferred
- Available for work in Bellevue, WA (Factoria)
- CISSP Certification (active or former) or related experience.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar work experience
SECURITY DESIGN ASSESSOR SKILLS
- Act as a trusted technical security advisor to all levels of the organization for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments
- Ability to assess risks and provide innovative countermeasures and solutions that appropriately balance security and business objectives
- Experience controlling the threat surface area, identifying attack vectors, vulnerabilities and establishing appropriate controls. Can build a threat model for the systems in focus.
- Evaluation & assessment of compliance to a regulation, law or policy using industry standard methodologies (NIST, PCI, CPNI, SOX, etc.) in an enterprise environment
INTERNAL TOOL SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating, recommending, and implementing commercial hardware and software security products to augment and enhance the Company enterprise security program
- Ability to learn a new technology and drive it from ideation through deployment and integration to fully automated and operationalized
- Ability to automate basic integration, data collection, scripting and reporting tasks via secure coding standards
- Experience in implementing or operating two or more security related technologies: Application Security Scanners, Certificate Management, Remote Connection, Network Protection, Data Loss Prevention, File Integrity Monitoring, Security Auditing & Logging, and Vulnerability Management
- Experience supporting network, operating system, database, application or data layers across multiple platforms and technologies
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, communicate delivery expectations, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with business and technology teams to influence and educate for sound security structure and repeatable processes
- Innovate and solve problems independently, find the best solution and present that to your partners
- Know your limits and use resources and the team to improve solutions presented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top