Sr. Engineer, Device and Radio Performance
Sr Engineer System Design
The Performance Validation team is responsible for evaluating device, network and end to end performance in the T-Mobile labs. As mobile device complexity and power continue to evolve, the importance of evaluating device and network interaction significantly increases. Engineers on this team have the opportunity to do hands on evaluation of new LTE devices with the latest Radio Access Network (RAN) and IMS features in lab environments, followed by post launch performance analysis in the T-Mobile network. This is a key technical position required to do in depth analysis of device performance and Radio Network features.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
The Sr. Performance Validation engineer will be responsible for leading performance evaluations in T-Mobile labs of new device, Radio Access Network and IMS features prior to launch and deployment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handset Performance Validation: Evaluate device performance (RF, Data, Audio, Battery, Video, Bluetooth, Wifi) against T-Mobile network lab configurations and network simulators.
- Performance and Test Automation: Demonstrate performance gains of new technologies through automation of device and network behavior and by utilization of simulators for mobility, network impairment and traffic loading.
- Device & Chipset Feature Set Review: Review device/chipset High Level Feature Set, IOT reports and Statement of Compliance documents prior to lab entry
- Smart Labs: Evaluate interactions, performance tradeoffs and post launch issues of new Radio network and IMS technologies with newly release T-Mobile mobile devices
- Test Plan and Test Bed: Create detailed test plans required to demonstrate performance of new network/device features. Configure network test bed, simulators and handsets required to execute performance validation
- Post Launch Device Performance: Lead investigations and analysis of device performance on network after product launch. Support operations on device/network inter-operability investigations
- 5+ years of experience with advanced understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, technologies (LTE/UMTS/GSM) and concepts with focus on handsets, radio networks and IMS core.
- Expert level hands on experience with network and handset validation.
- Understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, CTIA, etc and demonstrated capability in applying the standards to work
- Experience configuring and utilizing network simulators (Rhode & Schwartz, Anritsu, Anite) for device validation.
- Experience configuring and utilizing device performance tools (Keysight, Nomad)
- Experience with configuring and utilizing RF fading simulators and device automation scripting
- General proficiency with Protocol analyzer tools Wireshark, Iris, QXDM, device/handset logging and other network/handset vendor tools.
- Experience with analyzing and optimizing RF performance of RAN or handset
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify network and device issues
- Able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with IP and LAN/WAN technologies. CCNA certification is preferred.
- Experience in programming/Scripting in multiple languages.
- Prior experience interacting and participating in PTCRB and CTIA forums
Minimum: Applicant must have Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field or its equivalent and 5 years of relevant work experience.
Preferred: Master's degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field or its equivalent and 3 years of relevant work experience.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top