Sr Engineer, Big Data Integrity
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Senior Engineer for Big Data Integrity is responsible for end-to-end data integrity of crowd sourced customer experience big data, which are impacted by OEM software, mobile applications, and data aggregation algorithms running on the cloud servers. The Senior Engineer leads definition of test plan strategy, test automation design and works with cross-functional teams and 3rd party vendors to drive completion of test cases.
Different than traditional QA jobs that mostly focus on individual lab and/or field tests, this is a multi-facet position that also includes the big data validation insights drawn from analysis of crowd sourced data. Together with other data scientists, data analysts and device technologists, the Device Intelligence team leverage massive datasets to help derive valuable insights about customer experience and work with cross-functional teams to make improvements. This is a unique opportunity to join a team of creative and passionate engineers looking to lead data-driven technology innovation for T-Mobile's business.
- Full working knowledge of running test cases on Anritsu RF equipment
- Intermediate knowledge of LTE, 3G and 2G system
- Intermediate understanding of QXDM, Wireshark
- Basic knowledge of IMS VoIP technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of writing scripts for RF equipment
- Solid written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- (Preferred) Ability to automate test routines and program external equipment
- (Preferred) Basic knowledge of writing Android mobile apps
- (Preferred) Experience with android Debugging tools like eclipse or DDMS.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Alteryx and/or MapInfo a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Communicate with all levels of stake-holders to gather requirements, write clear and concise test specifications, and drive the test execution via manual and automated tests.
- Drive design and development of test automation to support big data validation in order to ensure the insights drawn from crowd sourced data for key business cases have highest integrity
- Develop comprehensive understanding of T-Mobile services and key performance metrics.
- Work closely with Telecommunication domain experts to identify and prioritize test areas in order to support core business areas.
- Running manual/automated test cases on Android test devices with Anritsu RF equipment and on Live network.
- Configuring Anritsu RF test equipment for LTE, 3G, 2G, IMS VoIP calls testing
- Test cases will mainly include voice calls, data sessions and initial registration on different types of technologies such as VoLTE, 3G, 2G and WiFi calling in various network conditions such as handover or signal degradation
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Telecom engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ working years in mobile communications validation fields, testing mobile phones with RF test equipment such as Anritsu 8475, R&S, Anite, or Spirent
- 5+ years with 2G, 3G, LTE and WiFi protocols
- 1+ years with IMS VoIP protocols
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top