Sr. Domain Architect
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Domain Architect demonstrates competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
The Domain Architect designs complex systems and tools. This role will develop and implement infrastructure to provide detailed design of systems within a DevOps team, focusing on applications and services architecture in support of Legal and Customer Document Management capabilities.
- Minimum 5 years' of progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
- Minimum 5 years' working in solutions design and enterprise architecture delivering IT solutions.
- Minimum 5 years' of experience in Enterprise applications, PLM, middle-tier services, database, storage, distributed computing, virtualization and/or application technology.
- Proven ability executing high-profile projects and providing thought leadership to an organization.
- Experience in delivering industrial platforms or horizontal software middleware.
- Knowledge of technologies and Packaged Plaform/Systems including SAP, IBM, Oracle, Public Cloud services, etc.
- Needs to be a US Citizen due to regulatory requirements.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree; Preferred: Master's Degree. In lieu of degree, equivalent industry experience may be considered.
- Defines and implements an architecture strategy that optimizes for flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance and availability within the domain and ensures upstream and downstream systems are aligned. Partners with dependent domain architects to ensure architecture is aligned with upstream and downstream systems.
- Drives and prioritizes all escalated activities, including testing, project management and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes within and across domains.
- Drives cross-business partnerships by providing proactive relationship building and end-user support to multiple organizations within the company when issues arise.
- Proactively interacts with the business to integrate knowledge of the business and functional priorities with the domain roadmap.
- Builds partnerships with the business to influence their business and functional priorities and aligns domain technical solutions and roadmaps.
- Assesses critical path and drives implementation of any projects required by the business.
- Validates the code provided by development and accurately addresses issues reported.
- Leads contractors and manages their day to day activities.
- Participates in defining define domain strategy, ensures alignment and execution of domain strategy; implementation is handed to Dev Lead/Mgr to implement and follow patterns.
- Partners side-by-side with developers on new patterns until dev takes on ownership.
- Drives Discovery or Visioning phase to create a high level design approach.
- Focus: Able to develop and communicate goals in support of the business' mission. Can articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy. Ability to think broadly at the domain level and understand domain and system-level inter-workings.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure with minimal supervision including the ability to simultaneously support multiple strategically significant tasks under fixed/accelerated deadlines.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills. The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Motivational Support: The ability to enhance others' commitment to their work.
- Inspiring Others: Ability to convey confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility.
- Conceptual Thinking: The ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Strategic Thinking: The ability to analyze the organization's competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers (internal and external), and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
- Fostering Innovation: The ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top