Sr Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Development Engineer in Test
Do you enjoy building innovative solutions that solve real engineering problems at scale? Do you enjoy moving fast and breaking things responsibly? This is the position for you.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) within the Enterprise Digital Platform Delivery (DPD) Team is a unique position, that serves the larger EIT community in terms of enablement of software testing practices and technologies. SDETs within DPD will develop, implement, and sustain test automation processes, practices, and controls in support of faster time to market and quality within the software delivery lifecycle. SDETs will lead and consult on test automation strategy, requirement, design, implementation and execution. They will also be responsible to create high quality, maintainable, and performant code for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle.
- Hands-on experience developing robust and resilient test automation with test automation tools such as [Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor, Spring Cloud Contract] or other test frameworks.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience developing robust and resilient test automation 3 or more automation tools (e.g., Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.).
- Hands-on experience setting up Continuous Test pipelines including quality gates using tools like Jenkins, TeamCity and others.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/IT or related degree. Additional experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
Innovation and Leadership
- Provides internal training on relevant skills and tools that support Continuous Testing.
- Contributes to Test Community of Practice to evolve testing practices, quality standards and tools.
Testing (Requirements Gathering)
- Directs testability of requirements and/or user stories.
- Clarifies any ambiguity with requirements, user stories, design and other artifacts produced as part of the product lifecycle.
- Provides estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Leads and provides input to all test activities.
- Leads defect management.
- Interfaces with external teams on test strategy and ensures alignment to test execution.
- Designs, develops, and maintains automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
- Analyzes code coverage using industry standard tools such as SonarQube.
- Oversees automated tests integration into the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Designs and authors test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing (where applicable).
- Manages and grooms the automated and manual test suites regularly to ensure proper balance between coverage and fast feedback cycles.
- Works with IT partner teams to provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the delivery process via a repeatable and automated process.
- Grows and maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Closely coordinates with both Dev, DevTest and Ops regarding testing practices and ensuring quality thresholds are met.
- Provides hands on consulting services around testing practices and tools.
- Influences and drives quality across teams, disciplines, and the organization.
- Leads code review, code clinics and refactoring sessions to promote quality engineering and testability.
- Leads Design and Design Reviews.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top