Sr Developer, Software
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDesigns, develops, and supports Enterprise Content and Document Management platforms, tools and capabilities. The Sr. Software Developer leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to more junior team members.
This position will work very closely with Leadership, Architects, and DevOps team members to build out and execute a strategy for Enterprise Content and Document Management, exposing capabilities to other enterprise systems via APIs and Micro services.
Requires competency in technology innovation, customer focus, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 7+ years application development experience with proven track record of success. Expertise with systems integration is desired.
- 7+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting applications
- 7+ years professional experience designing, developing, and supporting applications on one operating system (Linux/Unix preferred) or designing complex multi-tiered applications. Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting APIs and Micro services. Experience in designing XSD's and working with SOAP UI, as well as micro services and restful APIs.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Open Text Document Presentment, Creation, storage and Archival awareness and knowledge
- Comfort with frequent, incremental testing and deployment.
- Familiarity with Artifactory, Bitbucket, Cloudbees/Jenkins, Docker, Methos Maven, Puppet, and Splunk.
- Expert Knowledge of Cloud native application development required. Preferably with Pivotal Cloud Foundry with Java Spring Boot experience.
- Expert Knowledge of Microservices architecture style is required.
- Ability to transform the systems to enable with CI/CD processes, test automation
- Good understanding on API design and REST standards
- Background on Middleware and SOA Technologies is preferred
- Expert Knowledge of API gateway products like Apigee is desired
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Strong grasp of automation tools and test data management skills. Experience with automation/configuration management
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staffExperienced in Agile methodologies
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages with an eye towards automated regression and unit test scripts, and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Owns the technical vision and development of a sub domain or capability.
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes, tools, and environments.
- Implement appropriate Operational monitors and instrumentation; proactively identify system issues and drive resolution.
- Provide on-call and after hour support, as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- May supervise contract resources
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of product enhancements and support.
- Design XSD', Work with SOAP UI; Design, Develop and Implement Micro services and Restful APIs.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Equivalent work experience
- MS degree is a plus
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top