Sr Developer, Software
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSenior Developer, Software
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
The Senior Developer acts as the development and technical lead on large and/or complex projects, contributing to strategic vision and technical decisions, establishing and documenting best practices and coding standards, introducing and facilitating process improvements, completing proof of concept projects for introduction of changes to systems architecture, and providing technical leadership to peer team members. The Senior Developer works under the guidance of a Principal Developer, Principal Architect, and/or Development Manager.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in:
- Object oriented analysis, design, and development.
- Design and development of complex multi-tiered applications, with an emphasis on the front-end or web application tier.
- Building or consuming Web Services (SOAP, XML, REST)
- Software or hardware performance tuning and diagnostics is a plus.
- Design and development of mobile applications or applications for a touch-screen platform is a plus.
- Experience using:
- Build tools: Maven, TeamCity, CruiseControl, or equivalent.
- Source control management tools: Subversion, AccuRev, or equivalent.
- Development environment: Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies
- Minimum 8-12 years of experiences as a developer required, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Previous experience as a development lead and/or technical architect is required, with the direct leadership and/or guidance of at least 3-5 developers preferred.
- Previous experience designing, developing, and supporting complex enterprise-level applications is required.
- Experience in developing coding best practices and standards is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English is required.
- Strong conflict resolution skills are required, including the ability to gain consensus across both internal and external teams and workgroups
- Specific work experience/skills required for each individual position to be updated by the hiring manager, as these will vary depending upon whether the position develops user interfaces, middle tier and/or interfaces, database, business intelligence, or packaged applications.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Masters in Computer Science or related field is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and/or actively participate in reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications to provide a cohesive design strategy to deliver large-scale projects.
- Translate business, functional, and user-experience requirements into documented technical specifications, including creating and/or formally reviewing those technical specifications across multiple development teams and/or application stacks to ensure complete and feasible design across the organization.
- Provide workgroup leadership to support formal reviews and agreements of cross-team deliverables, including but not limited to presenting technical architecture for business process reviews and escalating technical limitations on key complex projects across multiple enterprise applications.
- Lead and mentor a team of 3-10 developers and 1-4 development testers to deliver large and/or complex projects with high quality within scheduled timelines.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality, with deliverables to include code builds, documented unit test results, and production support handoff documentation.
- Collaborate and partner with other teams within T-Mobile, including Engineering, Business, User Experience Design, Systems Analysis, Systems and Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Delivery, Project Management, and Application Support to successfully deliver projects and systems enhancements.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by breaking project work into specific individual development tasks, providing estimates for the team at the project and task level, providing updates on progress and issues to development and project management, and escalating critical or blocking issues to management.
- Utilize and promote departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities, including providing suggestions for process improvements.
- Provide peer Senior Developer, Developer and Associate Developer mentoring regularly. Willingly receive and actively seek out mentoring from other development peers.
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as required for major projects, production releases, and/or production outages, including troubleshooting, root cause identification, and issue resolution where appropriate.
- Demonstrate and implement innovative ideas and deliverables driven by a development workgroup.
- Create and facilitate opportunities for cross-team cohesion across EIT Workgroups.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through the use of developer forums, continuing education opportunities, and training.
- Also responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by manager, supervisor, or development lead.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top