Sr Developer, Software
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Description
Design and develop internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence data warehouse systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Senior Developer leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an Associate Developer or Developer level, and work under the guidance of a Principal Developer on complex projects.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Require competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, effective communication, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 5 Years Application Development Experience.
- Minimum 3 years development experience on Hadoop platform including PIG, Hive, Sqoop, Hbase, Flume and related tools.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications on RDBMS Teradata version 14 or 15.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience using 3 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, Hadoop.)
- Minimum 1 year of Building Java apps -
- Minimum 1 year of building and coding applications using Hadoop components – HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume etc.
- Minimum 1 year of coding Java MapReduce, Python, Pig programming, Hadoop Streaming, HiveQL
- Minimum 3 year implementing relational data models
- Minimum 3 year understanding of traditional ETL tools & RDBMS
- Minimum 1 year of experience Developing REST web services
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a developer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Teradata, Teradata SQL or Hadoop preferred
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
- Complete proofs of concept projects for introduction of changes to systems architecture, and provide technical leadership to peer team members.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top