Sr Developer, Software
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Developer, Software
Designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Sr Developer leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an Assoc Developer or Developer level, and will work under the guidance of a Principal Developer on complex projects.
- Minimum 7 Years Application Development Experience.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience designing and developing applications on Linux.Other Unix platform experience may be acceptable.
- Minimum of seven years work experience as a developer is desirable
- Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead developer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 developers.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience developing with Java and 3 or more development languages, frameworks, or tools from the following list: Scala, Python, C++, Go, Spring framework.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience developing applications deployed to Linux platforms. High level of proficiency with typical Linux OS tools is expected.
- At least 5 years experience working with at least 3 of these virtualization and cloud technologies in a development capacity: VMWare, KVM, Xen, VirtualBox, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Vagrant, Mesos, Cloud Foundry, Yarn, Zookeeper.
- Experience developing with one or more of the following datastore technologies: MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, Neo4J, Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, BigTable, DynamoDB.
- Experience working with large data sets or streaming data applications is desirable.
- Knowledge of distributed cache technology and development experience with memcached, Hazelcast, Gemfire / Apache Geode, Coherence cache, IBM Xtreme-scale, Dynacache, or other distributed cache solutions.
- Some experience with and core knowledge in the areas of map reduce, hdfs, hadoop. Some Cassandra development and administration experience are very desirable, as well as experience developing with Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, and JMS.
- Knowledge of code & system performance and related concepts is expected. Knowledge of data structures and algorithms is assumed.
- Documented participation in open-source projects as a contributor, and/or public Github projects published.
- Experience using build, deployment and source revision control tools e.g. Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Git, SVN.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top