Sr. Developer, Software â Payments Services
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Do you enjoy supporting innovative solutions that solve real engineering problems at scale? Do you enjoy moving fast and supporting business needs responsibly? This is the position for you.
The Developer, Software designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives.
- Minimum 7 years' Application Development Experience.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience designing and developing applications on Java Springboot framework
- Advanced knowledge of technology in Java, Microservices area and moderate level skills in J2E Application Framework, Springboot, Jenkins, Test automation tools, CI-CD-CT, postman script, Junit, Sonarcubes, Cassandra or other nosql DBsetc.
- Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead Software Engineer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 Software Engineers.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Minimum of 3 year work experience is preferably in the payments industry.
Owns the technical vision and development of a sub domain or capability.
Technology and System
- Develops web, mobile and user interface (UI) applications to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. Leads moderately complex projects.
- Utilizes development skills to build software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases.
- Ensures Continuous Integration and Build is in place.
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Translates business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
- Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develops or updates support documentation as needed by the DecOps function and lead Peer Review to allow acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Oversees build and unit test production deployment packages.
- Facilitates/leads reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilizes product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provides on-call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules
Relationship and People Management
- Performs peer reviews.
- Collaborates with architects and other Software Engineers on design.
- Collaborates with other Business and IT partner teams on successful delivery of product enhancements and support.
- Occassionally supervises contract resources.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top