Sr Developer, Software
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDesigns and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Sr. Developer leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an Associate Developer or Developer level, and will work under the guidance of a Principal Developer on complex projects.
- Minimum 7 years of Application Development Experience
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience using three or more development languages or tools in Enterprise Integration/Development, API development including SOAP & REST service, and Java/J2EE applications using Spring framework.
- Solid understanding of software development frameworks, architectural concepts, and terminology
- Experience working on large software systems, particularly distributed systems and microservices architectures
- Competent using version control systems such as GIT and Visual Studio
- Well versed having worked in continuous integration and development methodologies
- Experience with Cloud Native application development using 12-factor coding standards.
- Experience working in an application technical support/operational role
- Hands on Jenkins experience
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible or similar toolsets
- Service Virtualization
- Hands on Pivotal, Cloud Foundry experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain and convey ideas, concepts, and concerns
- Experience in designing and building cloud-based solutions
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Contribute ideas to continually improve the team’s productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
- Communicate design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Conduct code reviews, participate in grooming sessions and review and validate sizing.
- Plan by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of work committed for a release
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top